Staying Secure Online – SSL Certificate And More
The number of websites getting hacked is increasing at a rapid pace. Only SSL certificate can protect them. And, also more essential information, on how to keep your accounts safe without becoming prone to cyber attacks, is now being shared online. After a slew of security breaches that led to an intrusion at Facebook, Apple and Microsoft because of Java, Evernote became the latest application that got attacked by hackers. Important websites and applications like this usually use SSL certificates to ensure that user data, personal information and details related to banking stay safe. For some unsaid reason, a group of hackers have been continuously attacking various sites without any proclaimed motive. The company claims that they are completely safe now and no user data was comprised. Yet, they have advised every user to change their existing password so as to be on the safer side.
Maximum protection from SSL certificate solutions
There are various methods that individual should adopt to ensure that their digital identity stays safe. That said, some data used in real world, does not pose a threat to the user, once it gets leaked online due to lack of ssl certificate. This could include your official files, trivial passwords for lockers so on, so forth. SSL certificate will protect it in best manner. Follow a set of procedures when you go online and stay way from any breaches caused by malicious codes or the hacker community. Being cautious of your data is an individual responsibility and should be given utmost priority when you are online.
Have A Safer Online Trip
While it is the duty of webmasters and ecommerce websites to opt for additions like a SSL certificate to encrypt data, as a user, it is your responsibility to take up few steps to make sure that you stay completely safe while browsing the internet. With technology giants working round the clock to ensure safety and privacy, you can ensure the same in the following ways:
- All applications, software are updated including Java, HTML, Adobe, Office products and even the operating system that you use. The updates not only enhance user experience but will also eliminate a list of recent potential threats so that they can be blocked at an earlier stage.
- Every individual knows that the browsers are free to download and install. The latest versions are highly advanced and make better use of secure sockets layer certificate especially when you share vital information over the net. Moreover, you have the freedom to turn off plugins or scripts which will minimize the chances of a malware intrusion.
- The most important of them all is to use a different password for each application. This may sound difficult in practical terms but you can try to categorize your usage. Use one password for e-mails, a different for social media and so on. Targeting users who use same password all over is a habit among hackers. Also, use ssl certificate.
- Firewall and anti-virus applications have a vital role to play. Keep them updated and make sure it’s from a reliable, reputed vendor.
- Using browsers, computer or a phone specially for banking services is more advisable. Always avoid opening such accounts in public computers to be on the safer side.
Internet security is for each and every one, be it an organization or an individual. With a huge range of products offered, Comodo is one of the leading security providers that help people stay safe online. You can compare SSL provided by Comodo with other providers to know how affordable and efficient it is! Go for a safer online experience.